Bed and Breakfast
"Welcome to our home !"
Jaiya Mongkol "The Happy Winner"
"We want you to enjoy your stay with us in our dream home and see the beautiful sights of Chiangmai.
Our mix of traditional Thai teak wood architecture, modern conveniences, and garden setting will
be the perfect, secluded base for your holiday in north Thailand.
The fabulous handmade teak house Jaiya Mongkol
We can arrange everything for you, including free transfer from Chiangmai, tours,
Khantoke dinner on the veranda with a Lanna cultural show, Thai cooking lessons,
a private car with driver, or an escorted and guided private excursion - whatever suits you
best for your stay with us."
Khun Norachai and Naruemol Prasertmanukitch
Owners and Operators
P.S. - We have added a guestbook to show comments
from our previous guest. Please take a look!
The exterior and garden
The Garden View
|Jaiya Mongkol took five years to build.
Famous Thai architect Ajarn Chunlathat Kittibutra, a famous Lanna architect
(Four Seasons Hotel, Royal palaces, Baan Suan restaurant) designed this house to embody the essence of
the Lanna-style architecture.
Jaiya Mongkol was built by craftsmen, many of them
with a lifetime of experience, who knew the traditional ways to build an all wood, elevated Thai house:
- Hand shaped posts, beams, planks of golden teak.
- A roof of handmade wood shingles.
- Hand carved decorations and lattice work.
- Lavish Lanna Thai decorations and furnishings.
Jaiya Mongkol has many facilities for your comfort, convenience, and enjoyment:
One wing of guest rooms
A guest bedroom
The guest room with garden view
- Each section of the house is separate, and all sections are connected by
elevated verandas and walkways.
- All rooms have air conditioning.
- Lanna style house with elevated sleeping and other rooms and with living and lounging
space beneath the elevated rooms. A cool breeze often blows under the house.
- 2 guest rooms with shared bath.
- Guest veranda.
- Common sitting room with TV, VCR, stereo, satellite dish.
- Self service western pantry for making snacks, coffee, and tea.
- 2.5 acre irrigated compound, with many Longan fruit trees, flowers, green grass.
- Modern electrical conveniences, such as washer, dryer, dishwasher.
- A live-in maid who can wash clothes and help with small problems.
We feature family style living. An American or Continental breakfast is included
with the room; dinners are available by prior arrangement. Special Khantoke
dinners on the veranda available by arrangement, and a
Lanna cultural show (in English) available with the Khantoke dinners. Beer, soft
drinks, wine are available.
Coffee, tea, and water are complementary.
Dinner at Jaiya Mongkol
Party time with a "kohm loi"
Located in a rural Thai village near Hang Dong, but still only 7 km from Chiangmai, Thailand's second largest
city known as "The Rose of the North." Nearby Jaiya Mongkol
there are wood carving factories, rattan factories, antique shops, and the Baan Tawai and Hang Dong handicraft centers.
The house is at foot of Doi Kham and Doi Kaew mountains. You can see several nearby mountain temples:
Wat Prathat Doi Suthep and Wat Doi Kham, Wat Doi Kaew, in minutes you can walk to the Night Safari, and in 15 minutes you can walk to the Roayl Flora Ratchaphruck 2006 (www.royalfloraexpo.com).
Room and private bath: 3,000 baht/night single or double occupancy.
Connecting room with shared bath: 2,400 baht/night single or double occupancy.
Continental or American breakfast included plus free pickup and return to Chiangmai city (airport, train, bus, hotel). There are taxies from Jaiya Mongkol to the Night Bazaar in Chiangmai.
We can arrange:
- Local tours (cost depends on type of tour).
- 4 seat saloon car without driver from 1,500 baht.
- Chauffeur 500 baht/day.
- Lunch box, snacks, picnic baskets.
- Dinner at our house .
- Khantoke dinner parties on our dinner veranda.
- Reservations for outside meals.
Contact Information and Location
|Jaiya Mongkol Bed and Breakfast
320 Moo 1, Baan Tong Gai
Tumbon Nong Kwai, Amphur. Hang Dong
Chiangmai 50230 Thailand
Tel. 053 -125361
Be sure to look at our guestbook
Copyright © 1998-2006 Jaiya Mongkol All rights reserved.
Web site design and hosting by Infothai CM Co., Ltd.
This document was updated on: April 13, 2013